Customer Service Advisor
WHO ARE WE?
Brilliant are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor on behalf of a leading debt charity based in Halifax.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This job is known internally as a DMS Advisor where you will be helping the Debt Management Services team.
The role is varied, and you’ll be supporting the charity’s existing clients through a variety of contact methods including phone calls, emails, webchats and post. You’ll need to have strong written communication and telephone skills and be able to navigate several systems at the same time. Attention to detail is crucial as is the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines. This is a hybrid working role, so it will be only 2 days working in the office per month and complete IT equipment will be provided.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
What you’ll need:
- a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- telephone and/or face to face customer service experience
- experience in a call centre environment desirable but not essential
- be client focused and capable of dealing with clients in a professional, friendly and positive manner
- be able to identify problems and take actions to resolve them
- listen / read carefully and ask appropriate questions to establish the clients’ needs
- patience, empathy and tact
- flexibility and resilience - able to move between different tasks and activities within the team
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
What we offer you
- We give you 4 weeks full paid training in our academy before you start supporting clients (training is Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Hybrid working (currently required to be in the office 2 days per month) – with IT equipment provided when you’re working from home
- A personal career plan and ongoing training and development and support with role-related professional subscriptions and qualifications
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group Company Life Assurance
- Westfield Health cash plan with employee discounts in high street shops
- Vitality at Work health and wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to financial planning and advice
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Family friendly pay; pre-adoption/fertility/surrogacy pay, post-adoption pay, payments for bereavement and compassionate leave
- Long service awards
- Free hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) in the office