Drummonds- Senior Support Worker (Days)
WHO ARE WE?
15ten15 are currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker for a well established Care Home based in Essex.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Position: SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER (Days)
Responsible to: The Manager or delegated person as authorised by the Manager
Purpose of position:
1. As senior support worker you are to support the Manager and Person in Charge in all aspects of the Home's management, including taking on a temporary basis, complete charge during the absence of the Person in Charge (Residential Homes Only).
2. By teaching and by example, to help train junior members of the support workers in all aspects of their work in the Home.
· Help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Home and the creation of a homely atmosphere.
· Assist residents with their personal care needs and help to provide health supervision and attention when needed.
· Assist with the formulation of social and health care plans for new residents and with resident’s reviews and care plans.
· Assist, where authorised by the Person in Charge with the administration and issue of medications for which the Home has taken responsibility and to maintain the necessary records.
· Participate in the development of activities and day care programmes for residents in which they can join and which will enhance their quality of life.
· Help to ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food meet the required standards in respect of nutrition, environmental health etc.
· Assist with ensuring that bedrooms and communal areas are properly cleaned and maintained and adequately heated in accordance with the requirements.
· Ensure that you maintain the Environmental Cleaning Schedule and checklist found in the Infection Control and Cleaning File.
· Actively participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development activities.
· Support the Manager in their duty as the ‘responsible officer’ for the Home under the HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK, ETC. ACT 1974 and the Fire Regulations.
· Help the Manager and person in charge maintain such log books and records as may be required by the Registering Authority or the Manager of the Home.
· To undertake ‘on-call’ duties when designated.
· Read, understand and adhere to all company policies
· Such other duties as may be required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· Manual Handling, SOVA, Infection Control, Dementia, Care of Medicines, First Aid, Basic Food Hygiene, Fire Safety, MCA and DOLs
· NVQ 2 or above
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 250£ Bonus on completion of probation
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year. (based on hours / pro rata).
- DBS costs paid for by the company.
- Paid Breaks.
- Full paid induction and training programme.
- *Free meals.
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career.
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialized.
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group.
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing Day & Bank Holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Blue light Card.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (£150 per placement)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme.
- Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.