Full Stack Developer
WHO ARE WE?
15ten15 are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Full Stack Developer on behalf of a fast-growing technology organisation based in Bradford.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will have typically have more than two years prior experience developing software and are comfortable finding or devising software solutions to problems.
- You’ll have knowledge about IT from a software perspective and understand technically how the Internet works.
- You will have a proven track record of building and maintaining web applications.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is not mandatory but we would expect all candidates to be enthusiastic about ongoing learning.
- You will have a positive and solution-orientated mindset.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
SKILLS WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- Good written and verbal English.
- Follow our coding style, best practices and help promote them across the team
- Write modular, maintainable, performant and secure code.
- Demonstrate the initiative when solving problems and propose effective solutions.
- Have the ability to identify and repair bugs in software.
- Build new features and tools for our software.
- Have a good understanding of building and working with APIs.
- Be actively involved in product development and technical ideas sessions with other developers, business colleagues, external customers and suppliers.
- Provides thorough and timely code feedback for peers, generally leaving minimal work for later reviews/maintainers.
- Participate in the wider development lifecycle including requirements analysis, solution design & documentation.
- Proficiency with PHP is preferable, as is a good understanding of MVC or similar design patterns. We will consider candidates with experience in other OO languages.
- Proficiency with VueJS or ReactJS is preferable, as is a good understanding of MVVM or similar design patterns. We will consider candidates with experience in other JavaScipt frameworks.
- Be able to manage your own development environment.
- Comfortable using the command line and linux tools.
- Experience with Webpack, SASS, Stylus, BableJS or other frontend build tools.
- Experience in building responsive web applications.
- Experience in web accessibility and UI performance testing.
- Good experience with relational databases.
- Have a working understanding of code version control.
- Actively engage in knowledge share with colleagues.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in software testing.
- Experience in other storage solutions such as key/value, document store, caching etc.
- Experience in working with a web application framework such as Sympfony, Laravel, Codelgniter etc.
- Experience of working with i10n/i18n.
- Enhanced understanding of security and performance.
- Experience of owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Devops experience.
- Experience deploying and maintaining production systems.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Excellent career development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Paid birthday day off
- Free on-site parking
- Employee Hub/breakout area
- Company healthcare scheme available to you after 1 year’s continuous service
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including, Cyclescheme, Techscheme and Eyecare voucher scheme
- Excellent team culture and social events to recognise the hard work of our colleagues and reward great performance
- Workplace pension scheme
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
HOURS OF WORK
7.5-hour day excluding mandatory 60-minute unpaid lunch, with hours of duty for this role ranging between 0800 – 1800, Monday to Friday.
PLACE OF WORK
Part-remote, average 2 days/month in office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting salary of £26,000 - £36,000 Dependant on experience with the opportunity for progression.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Basic Disclosure (DBS) Check as part of our recruitment process.