Live-In Care Support Worker (Female)
WHO ARE WE?
At Brilliant we are working with a well-established care company offering home based care in the community to their clients.
We are currently recruiting for 3 permanent Live-in Care Support Workers in the Whickham area. The roles are based on a 3 on 3 off rota and are paid on an average daily working agreement of approx. £114 per day.
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for female applicants only at this time.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Position: LIVE-IN CARE SUPPORT WORKER
Responsible to: The Support Worker is accountable to the Director of Care via nominated Services Manager.
Purpose of Position:
We are seeking Brilliant people to join our clients staff team based on their character, attitude, and personal assets such as humour, hobbies, and values and who are driven by a genuine desire to care for, respect, comfort and appreciate the people we serve.
The candidates will be well trained, morally grounded, respectful, and kind individuals, who are ‘person first’ rather than ‘task driven’ in their approach. They will nurture meaningful relationships which their clients which are cemented by the consistency and familiarity of their presence.
▪ To be prepared and committed to learn.
▪ To understand and respond to the specific needs of the Client
▪ To respect the rights, needs and dignity of the Client while seeking to ensure that his / her behaviour does not harm themselves and other people.
▪ To help create a calm, happy and supportive environment, which promotes the physical and emotional health, security, individuality, and self-esteem of the Client.
▪ To establish and maintain the trust and confidence of Client and those who are important to him / her.
▪ To liaise with care managers, families, and other agencies in providing a high-quality outcome focused service.
▪ To create opportunities for the Client to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and presence in their own community.
▪ To play an active part in promoting good public relations in the locality.
▪ To participate in training to develop the skills necessary to provide the best support to the Client and to improve and maintain your knowledge and skills.
▪ To attend staff meetings, training, and reviews some of which may be outside your working hours.
▪ To report immediately any incidence, suspicion, or sign of physical or verbal abuse, neglect, or harm of a service user, as outlined in the Whistleblowing Policy and Procedure.
▪ To be responsible for ensuring that all drugs and medicines are securely stored and administered safely and correctly
▪ To monitor Client wellbeing and progress and document notes / complete daily record sheets / use care app to detail relevant info as directed.
▪ To be familiar with the company Health and Safety Policy and to promote safe working practices.
▪ To ensure full compliance with infection control procedures following company policy.
▪ To report and record any accident or incident which may occur – no matter how minor.
▪ To report back to line manager on any aspect of the service user’s care which, in the view of the care/support worker, warrants investigation or urgent action
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
ROLE-SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES
• Personal care: Is able to assist with all aspects of personal care
• Domestic skill:. Can prepare meals and maintain a clean and safe environment.
• Numeracy and literacy: Can maintain documentation and perform basic budgeting and accounting
• Smart phone Competent: Must be able to log on /off and document notes in oncare app via a smartphone
• Basic computer skills: Can operate a computer, produce a word document, email and navigate websites
• Physically fit to undertake a moderately active role
• Flexibility: It is essential that you can demonstrate a flexible approach to work as you will be working as a live-in care support worker.
• Emotional maturity: Displays maturity by making good decisions even in difficult situations. Has a relaxed even temperament and is resilient in the face of obstacles and set backs
• General housekeeping duties e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic tasks etc, to assist the Client to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
• Communication skills: Can express themselves, both orally and in writing, in a clear. polite and understandable manner. Good telephone manner.
• Self-organisation: Well-organized. Ensures tasks are carried out in a planned and methodical manner. Displays good time management and ability to complete delegated and necessary tasks.
VALUE BASED COMPETENCIES
• Person-centred. Has a genuine desire to work with and support people with an intellectual disability and is committed to the provision of individualized services and support
• Commitment and Passion. Highly motivated and positive in attitude.. Takes a high level of personal responsibility, relishes a challenge and remains enthusiastic despite setbacks
• Innovation. Embraces change and contributes new ideas. Someone who is willing to turn their hand to whatever is necessary for and on behalf of the Client.
• Excellence. Constantly strives to be the best. Goal oriented, seeking opportunities to improve personal and team performance
• Partnership. Readily shares knowledge and skill. Possesses the interpersonal skills to create rapport and work effectively with other individuals and groups to achieve objectives
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our client doesn't offer anybody just a job, they offer a career to everybody who joins them.
They are respectful and nurturing of all their staff team and honest in their commitment to the mental well-being, health, happiness, interests and both personal and professional development of their team members.
All staff are directly employed through PAYE employment contracts and are permanent secure roles.
To date, their terms of service, support, understanding and genuine respect for each member of their team has proven to generate high levels of job satisfaction, skill acquisition, sound professional conduct and minimal staff sickness.
If you're looking for a brilliant role in care with a company that cares for staff & clients alike please apply below!