WHO ARE WE?
15ten15 are currently recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor on behalf of a UK based construction manufacturer.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
*** Experience in Construction is essential for this role ***
The SHEQ Advisor will support the SHEQ Manager in the identification, management and control of SHEQ related activities across the business functions and construction sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide competent SHEQ advice to meet all appropriate legal and internal standards.
- Developing and reviewing safety policies and procedures
- Undertake SHEQ audits and inspections and report on corrective and preventive actions in a timely manner.
- Assist site management in the development of site SHEQ action plans relevant to operational aspects and risks identified.
- Provide information, advice, guidance and support to managers and operational colleagues.
- Identifying potential hazards
- Ensuring health and safety, environmental and quality standards are met on-site
- Investigating accidents and writing reports
- Analyse accident and incident performance for patterns and trends and advise management on appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Assist operational teams with emergency and business continuity planning and arrangements, including testing of emergency plans.
- Assist operational teams in driving SHEQ performance and culture by continuously building SHEQ into processes.
- Monitor the outputs from audits/inspections/reviews and any corrective and preventive actions raised.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the SHEQ Advisor you will be required to travel nationally and have occasional nights away from home. Experience in construction is essential for this role!
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
- Environmental qualification.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and experience of auditing management systems.
- Construction industry experience is essential.
- Experience in working with cranes and lifting operations, ideally as an Appointed Person.
- Strong accident and incident investigation skills.
- Experience in the development and delivery of health, safety and environment related training.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office packages.
Competitive salary plus car!