Technical Solutions Architect
WHO ARE WE?
15ten15 are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading software development company based in Wakefield for a Technical Solutions Architect.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
**HOME-WORKING role** (will require travel to clients when needed)
- Responsibility for the overall technical direction of the project and the product whereas the development team are responsible at the component-level.
- Analyse and consult on the client and product functional and non-functional requirements ensuring they include, amongst others, concerns like performance, scalability, compatibility, internationalisation, accessibility, branding, security, auditing, diagnostics & logging, failover, and disaster recovery.
- Undertake research, so he/she finds any third-party solutions and technologies in general that are most appropriate and proposes how to integrate them.
- Responsibility for the quality and effectiveness of code is shared by the whole team.
- Evangelising and promoting good practises (SOLID, KISS, DRY), giving advice and guidance in doing regular development tasks.
- Stay close to the development team, allowing him/her to validate how well the proposed design materialises in code.
- Must ensure the development team is able to take over the proposed solution, develop it and feel and act as if they own it.
- The architect will need to work on two fronts:
- On obvious aspects such as code review, daily coaching or a team’s involvement in the application design process,
- On aligning the solution to the skills and profile of a team (and vice versa in collaboration with the Head of Development) – this applies both to the technology stack as well as to development tools.
- Act as the main interface and principle consultant from 365 Response’s technical department to the clients, their technical, and internal commercial teams.
- React quickly to emerging challenges.
- Record and register entries in decision logs, technical debt logs, risk & assumptions lists, or product backlogs etc.
- Know the release plan and make certain that the technical vision fits it, and all related actions (e.g. release support) and deliveries (creating packages, writing deployment scripts) are on a project backlog and prioritised appropriately.
- Take care of operational and technology aspects
- Collaborates with the PM, AM, Implementation, Testing, and Release team members and managers, and other stakeholders for the successful delivery of products and solutions.
- Responsible for the company’s technical competences by looking for new technologies and techniques.
- Define an internal development infrastructure and standards.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams in collaboration with the Head of Development on an as and when needed basis.
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where appropriate.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Ensuring that products and solutions satisfy quality standards and procedures
- Working with the commercial and marketing teams on planning for future client and product requirements from a technical perspective
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to a maximum of 5 years of experience related commercially focused software solutions and technical architecture roles
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems, cloud platforms, and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail regarding
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs to a non-technical audience
Essential: (Hands on to a high standard for prototyping etc)
- C#.NET, HTML, CSS, JQuery
- MVC 5
- MS SQL Server
- Entity Framework
- RESTful API experience
- Xamarin Forms experience (Android & IOS Apps)
- Google Material Design
- Accessibility Standards
- UI/UX design abilities using latest technologies
- Data Controls
- Report Visualisation tools and techniques
- DevExpress MVC Components
- Google Maps API Integrations
- AngularJS 1.7
- .Net Core
- Third-party integration techniques
- Unit Tests